lunes, 25 de noviembre de 2013

Snake Stats - November 2013

People use to wonder whether or not their snakes' body length and / or weight is according to their age. As for people, there is really no such thing as normal; every snake grows at its own pace, and that's just how it should be. There are fat snakes, skinny snakes and average snakes, and I am afraid the latter category englobes a huge diversity of slithery ones.

However, keeping numerical track of a snake's length and weigh can be really useful to detect a lot of things (a growth spurt, a digestive problem, etc.). I personally love to be able to put my snake's growth in numbers and pat myself in the back when the results are good, so that's that.

In this Snake Stats series of posts I will quickly state Furia's measurements (currently 5 months old):


Length
Weigh
7 October 2013
53 cm
19 gr
1 November 2013
-
28 gr
18 November 2013
59 cm
36 gr

When first arrived, 3 months old aproximately, she was already quite long (considering VBBs hatch at 25 cm aprox.). As expected at this age, she is growing extremely fast. As for weigh, she has almost doubled her initial weigh in less than a month and a half! 

All the above does really make me happy, as I have been unwillingly underfeeding her for the first 6 weeks... but more on this in the post on reluctant feeders.

Scale up!

M.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Hiss me a few words :) I will ALWAYS respond to your comments or suggestions. Or drop me a few lines at: vbbsnakeblog@gmail.com